Week 7: Using Apps in the Classroom, iTunes U Courses

This collection is made up of 18 books, each one an in-depth discussion in to what the apps are and how to integrate the app into the classroom.

A couple of the apps that stood out to me from this collection were Art Authority, Stop Motion Studio, and Scoodle Jam.

To find this collection on your iPad, go to the iTunesU app, click on “for educators” and then click “see more” option for “Apps in the Classroom”.

Scoodle Jam Lesson Ideas

Description: The Apps in the Classroom series was created by Apple to provide teachers with a few ideas on how to integrate apps into daily classroom instruction. Inspired by Apple Distinguished Educators, this book is a collection of activities that let students ages 5 to 14+ use Scoodle Jam to demonstrate their learning across a range of subjects.

I loved the review of this app. i can definitely see myself using this app in my classroom. This app allows students to collaborate with one another, whether in the same classroom or across different classrooms. In a 1-to-1 classroom this app would be a fantastic way to collaborate with classrooms across the state even. It has different sections of use: Literacy, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, Art. The iBook, goes into all of these suggestions for how to use the app in all of these different areas of content/.